On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful March Afternoon

Narrow, quintessential highway of Bangladesh. Tropical weather with the alluring breeze; as I was with the 100% perfect girl on a three-wheeled vehicle in the busy highway (a rather dangerous vehicle to enjoy the surrounding beauty!)

The strong breeze was smacking in my face, I felt that I was with the 100% perfect girl for me. Nor that she was heavenly beautiful and I haven’t seen anyone more beautiful than her! But truth be told, I knew that she was the 100% perfect girl for me. As I was quivering in silence with the feeling in my head that it might be a dream... because I had never been with a more perfect girl than her, she played a song on her smartphone and put on her earphones. I insisted she play one song that was stuck in my head, she opened YouTube on her mobile, and played that song, not to mention, we shared the earphone—thus connecting us with an untangled string:  


ওরম তাকিও না, আমি কেবলা হয়ে যাই

Don’t stare that way, I go crazy


আমার চোখের ভাষা যায় হারিয়ে।

My eyes lost its language

আমার হৃদয় কাঁপে, পরিস্থিতির চাপে

My heart quivers in the gaudiness of situation

তখন থেকে বোকার মত দাঁড়িয়ে।

Standing like a stupid!


দিশেহারা জীবন, আনমনা এ মন

Lost in time and thought, my mind goes aloof

এ কি সর্বনেশে চোখ তোমার হরিণী।

What a dazzling treacherous eyes you have, dear!

তুমি চশমা পরো না, ঐ চোখ ঢেকে যাবে

Don’t you wear glasses, don’t cover the eyes

পাগল হলে নাকি আর আমার কি হবে?

What if I go crazy?

আমার যে কি হবে? আমার কি হবে?

What would happen to me? What..?


That was the best 4:24 minutes with her. I couldn’t get my eyes off her ravishing auburn hair swaying like oceanic tides. Since everything comes to an end, that moment also ended only to baffle me with more than 3:38 minutes. She then played the following song to make my dream a bit longer than I expected, which ended up in ecstasy and a bit of madness; Oh dear, why she had to do this! 


একটা ছেলে মনের আঙিনাতে

A boy in the terrace of my mind

ধীর পায়েতে এক্কা-দোক্কা খেলে

Plays hopskotch game steadily

বন পাহাড়ি ঝর্ণা খুঁজে

He finds hills and casacades

বৃষ্টি জলে একলা ভিজে ।।

Gets wet in the rain alone


সেই ছেলেটা আমায় ছুঁয়ে ফেলে ।।

That boy gets to touch me


আমি তো বেশ ছিলাম চুপিসারে

I was better in silence

ছোট্ট মেয়ে সে যে একটা কোণে

As a little girl aloof

সবুজ বনে নীলচে আলো জ্বেলে

In a green forest twinkling with bluish gleams 

স্বপ্ন ভেজা মাটিতে পা ফেলে ।।

Stepping on dream soaked loam

সেই ছেলেটা হঠাৎ এল মনে ।।

And the boy swiftly came into my heart

বন পাহাড়ী ঝর্ণা বৃষ্টি ফেলে

Leaving those greenwood, hills, casacades

আমায় বাসলো ভালো সেই ছেলে ।।

The boy had fallen in love with me


Now, as a part of the story, I am signing off. Now we would look at their story from a third person’s point of view~


Days were passing by but the perfect girl didn’t miss the perfect boy, so didn’t the perfect boy.


However, the next winter, both the boy and the girl were somehow far. When they realized the distance between them, their heads were as empty as a newly bought diary.


They were two bright, determined young people, however, and through their unremitting efforts, they were able to acquire once again the knowledge and feeling that qualified them to return as two friends. Heaven be praised, they became true friends who knew how to talk without even remembering a bare notion of that particular day. They even experienced love again, sometimes as much as 75% or even 85% love.  It can be recalled that one other day when they were drenched in some unusual cats and dogs rain over some greenest grass in the city’s philosophical heart they had almost the same feeling.


Time passed with shocking swiftness, and soon the boy was twenty-six, the girl twenty-five.


One beautiful April morning, in search of a cup of coffee to start the day, the boy was walking from west to east, while the girl, intending to send a special-delivery letter, was walking from east to west, along the narrow streetside in the densely populated Dhanmondi 15, Dhaka. They passed each other in the very center of the street. The faintest gleam of their lost memories glimmered for the briefest moment in their hearts. Each felt a rumbling in their chest. And they knew:


She was the 100% perfect girl for the boy.


He was the 100% perfect boy for the girl.


But the glow of their memories was far too weak, and their thoughts no longer had the clarity of Eight years earlier. Without a word, they passed each other, disappearing into the crowd. Forever.


They would never meet again, I suppose.


A sad story, don’t you think?


Yes, that’s it, that is what I should have said to her.

November 24, 2019, 11:58 AM.

[Entirely inspired by the short story On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning by Haruki Murakami]

Comments

  1. https://youtu.be/5PvQQODKvWo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The standalone fact that, whoever you are, a bot, maybe a homo sapiens could relate to what my bare words tried to articulate and left a completely relevant piece of poetry, itself is an interesting thing that made my day. Thank you.

      Delete

Post a Comment